Still haven’t figured out how to spend your precious spare time?

Hi BU! It’s so awesome to see so many people back on campus – we’d been kind of lonely all summer. Hope everyone is settling in – I myself have not slept through my alarm once so far this semester! (Not to jinx it or anything…)

If you’re a freshman, you’ve probably been to Splash! and have since been inundated with emails from all the groups you signed up with. If you didn’t go to Splash!, don’t worry – there is still time to get involved! And, if you’re a returning Terrier, you’ll want to pay attention to this too – why not try something new this semester?

Why, yes, we DO have a chess club!

Why, yes, we DO have a chess club!

The Student Activities Office, or ‘SAO’ as we call it around here, is hosting their annual Fall Activities Expo TODAY FROM 3-6PM in the GSU Plaza and Metcalf Ballroom! There are tons of awesome student groups looking for new members – why not spend some of your precious free time baking with CAKE? (That’s the Culinary Arts and Kitchen Entertainment Club, if you didn’t know.) Or, chill with the Cigar Aficionado Society!

Hope to see you there – I have to admit, I’m already ridiculously busy, but, as I typed up this blog post, I somehow found myself convinced that, just maybe…if I budget my time really carefully…I could join the Outing Club for some nice, relaxing hikes on the weekends.

Until next time, my wonderful little Terriers!

xxx
Julia

Indianapolis Jiu Jitsu posted on September 17, 2011 at 9:51 am

I love you picture!! Finally someone I have a chance at beating in a game of chess 🙂

I will be checking out the Outing Club as well. Thanks for the recommendations!!