Twitter-deus

I remember talking in an earlier post about how theaters need to use social media tools, like Twitter, more effectively to reach a larger audience. Stage Troupe has a production of Amadeus that’s coming up next weekend that I believe is using Twitter in an interesting way to attract attention. As a college theater group, they use humor on Twitter as a powerful tool to reach out to their community. BUSalieri and BUMozart are the Twitter accounts they created to get some attention. The actors playing Mozart and Salieri in the play use these accounts to tweet as their characters:

Mozart:

• -Just googled myself. 73 million results. Googled @BUSalieri: 6 million results. Bene, signore.
  • -@saoBU I hope LOL stands for lacrimoso out loud.
  • -Should I write a piano concerto A major or catch up on Jersey Shore? I think we all know the answer.

Salieri:

• Do u ever put on ur coat, wastecoat, breeches, banyan, stockings, & socks b4 realizing “I need to go to the bathroom”?#18thcenturyproblems
  • The world is one beautiful symphony! Except for the folks over in Canada. They’re coming in a little flat.

I’d suggest following these guys just because they’re pretty funny, but in an internet centric world, this type of outreach may soon prove to be more commonplace.