Welcome from the 2020-2021 e-board!

Hello all! This is the 2020-2021 e-board of Tau Beta Pi. We are now in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, but that won’t deter us from our goal to keep our Massachusetts Eta Chapter going with inducting new members, the Bent ceremony, and creating a supportive engineering community. Nice to meet you all!

Here are some personal introductions from our e-board:

Our President is Meghan Griffin (BME):

Hi, my name is Meghan, and I am a senior in biomedical engineering.  I’m really excited to serve as the president of BU’s Tau Beta Pi chapter this year!  Around campus (when there isn’t a pandemic), you can find me helping out with Dean’s Host events, taking full advantage of my Ingalls printer quota, tutoring at the ERC, and ordering sugary beverages from Starbucks.  In my spare time, I love to read, do yoga, and ride and show my Quarter Horse. 

Meghan

Our Vice-President is Sadie Allen (CE):

Hello, my name is Sadie and I am a senior studying computer engineering and mathematics. I love singing and making music and I am involved in Chordially Yours, one of BU’s all-female a cappella groups. When I am at school I spend a lot of time running on the Esplanade and studying at Pavement, croissant in hand. I am so happy to be serving on E-Board for Tau Beta Pi this year! 

headshot_cropped

Our Treasurer is Daniel Bradford (MechE):

Hey everyone, my name is Daniel and I am a senior studying Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Math. I will be serving as TBP’s Treasurer for the 2020-21 academic year! When I’m not in class, you can find me at FitRec training and competing with BU’s Men’s Swim Team, crushing plates in the West Campus dining hall, and consuming large quantities of Dunkin cold brew. My interests include aerospace, 3D printing, and long naps.

Daniel Bradford - Undergraduate Research Assistant - Boston University Mechanics of Slender Structures Laboratory | LinkedIn

Our Historian is Ben Chan (CE):

Hi, my name is Ben Chan, and I’m a rising senior majoring in computer engineering. When I’m on campus, you can find me getting coffee at Starbucks, studying in photonics, or walking around the BU beach. In my spare time, I enjoy sailing and watching Netflix. I’m looking forward to serving on the E-board this year!  

IMG-6210

Our Secretary is Leen Arnaout (BME):

Hi all! I’m Leen, a senior in biomedical engineering with a minor in electrical engineering. I enjoy hiking, fiddling around with Arduinos, or conjecturing up new bioinformatics experiments. If I’m not playing Kendo (Japanese Fencing), I could be found hopping between Boston’s many cafes, working towards my mission of visiting every single T and Commuter Rail stop in Massachusetts, or huddled up with my little cat, Beans. So excited to serve on the e-board for TBP this year!

Leen_Arnaout_Headshot