Was Jesus a Diplomat?

A few weeks ago, Soren and I had an extensive conversation in our one-on-one about why it is that I value service.  This week in our intern group meeting, Jen brought us back to this question.  We’re involved in leadership, service and ministry, she pointed out, and we all have lots of ideas and thoughts about what degree of education we’ like to pursue, and what we might end up doing with those credentials.  But what, Jen asked, connects out motivation for service and our academic and career paths?

As one could probably imagine, this is a question that requires much introspection and self-examination and whatnot, but for this week I’d like to put forward the answer that’s on my mind right now.

I’m fascinated by international relations, and I love history.  It very rarely makes sense, though hindsight is always 20/20, or something like that.  I really enjoy studying the personalities and policies and events that have come to shape the world we live in.  Next semester, in fact, I’m taking four whole IR classes.  This should be interesting.  Anyway, I can’t imagine working in anything but a global scale.  I know there are problems in my own back yard, but I’m entranced by those that play out on the world stage, and I want to be a part of them.

But I’m also a Christian.  One who grew up in the Religious Society of Friends, no less.  So in my understanding, war is wrong.  Always.  And anyone who has ever taken a history class knows those things happen like they’re going out of style.  But when you ask yourself that old “WWJD” question, I really think that the answer is not “go to war.”  I think that Jesus is a compassionate, caring, and just person, who would pursue a diplomatic and humanitarian route to fixing problems.  And, as I discussed weeks ago with Soren, as a Christian, I believe fully in the imitation of Christ–that it’s my role to strive to be like him.  Whether that’s serving HIV+ homeless people in Boston or trying to pursue diplomatic paths that can help increase understanding between the peoples of the world, I think that it’s my job in life to try to live more like Christ, in whatever context I find myself.

I’m sure there will be much more thinking about this to come, but these are my ruminations for now.

Virus Removal in Cornwall posted on March 21, 2013 at 1:56 am

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Many thanks!

machine a glace italienne professionnelle posted on May 19, 2013 at 12:38 am

Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the future. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!

coupon deals posted on May 31, 2013 at 3:21 am

Really exceptional information from you, thanks.

Film posted on May 31, 2013 at 7:07 am

I agree with you and will be definitely looking forward to your future updates. Thank you and keep the great work up. Good luck!

geld investeren posted on June 1, 2013 at 1:32 am

Interesting read indeed, keep up the good work.

Smith J posted on July 4, 2013 at 7:16 am

Really interesting info! Perfect exactly what I was trying to find!

us visa posted on July 21, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I liked up to you will obtain performed right here. The comic strip is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. ill surely come more in the past again as precisely the similar just about a lot continuously inside case you protect this increase.

Employment News posted on June 28, 2014 at 1:27 am

recruitment-career provaided job information including how to apply

latest govt jobs posted on June 28, 2014 at 6:20 am

Search the top Govt. Work opportunities at jobsdhaba. Come, India’s no. 1 Govt Work opportunities web page.

Love Quotes For Hersa posted on May 24, 2016 at 5:59 am

nice information

Digital Marketing Course in Delhi posted on November 17, 2016 at 2:39 am

Nice Information

Sarkari Naukri posted on November 20, 2016 at 6:18 am

Interesting work and keep it up

Digital Marketing Course in Dwarka posted on November 24, 2016 at 3:36 am

Nice and keep it Up

Biplab Acharjee posted on November 27, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Only people who are not christian and anti religious wil or may say this. But I truly Believe Jesus is great, God is Great . Thank you !

SBI posted on December 10, 2016 at 3:17 am

Thanks for providing the wonderful info.

Recruitment posted on December 10, 2016 at 3:18 am

Nice info, this is great, I liked it. Thanks.

Valentine Week List Info posted on December 10, 2016 at 3:23 am

This article is really great, i loved the information, This is awesome.

digital marketing course in janakpuri posted on December 15, 2016 at 11:03 am

such nice info

Latest Govt jobs in India posted on February 7, 2017 at 8:47 am

If you are unemployed and looking for your desire jobs in your own territory, Don’t worry about it. Visit latest govt jobs and get latest recruitment notification as on real time publishing

Jobrakhi posted on February 7, 2017 at 8:49 am

Excellent informative post. Thanks for the services you are providing here,. Visitors who are looking for employment news visit jobrakhi. I can promises you will never get disappointment Thank you!

Today Employment News posted on March 2, 2017 at 10:28 am

Fantastic Article to read. I really enjoyed this post. Thak you so much for sharing this. I really Like it.

Akansha posted on May 12, 2017 at 3:55 am

thanks for sharing such a nice info keep posting.

Chetanya posted on May 31, 2017 at 11:26 pm

Hey candidates get latest #government jobs news #sarkari naukri #employmentnews #rojgarsamachar #mp online mp jobs news on this website with daily updates…

Latest governement jobs posted on May 31, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Latest government jobs posted on June 6, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Excellent informative post. Thanks for the services you are providing here,. Visitors who are looking for employment news

All sarkari naukri posted on June 6, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Excellent informative post. Thanks for the services you are providing here.

Rojgar Samachar posted on June 19, 2017 at 7:57 am

Today Employment News posted on July 17, 2017 at 12:21 am

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing this. Get latest Government jobs here

Sarkari Naukri posted on July 21, 2017 at 2:35 am

One of the best government jobs webpage, visit once and find jobs related to your interest. Visit http/indiangovtjobs.co.in

MP Education Portal posted on August 19, 2017 at 7:13 am

MP Education Portal is the right student information platform give career solution exactly in trouble free form. The website gives a well-suited environmental services to grow easily awareness about the Madhya Pradesh state announcement and latest news.

SSC Coaching Centre posted on August 21, 2017 at 9:00 am

Today education is fastest growing Indusrty in India and PS Academy SSC Coaching Centre focusing on providing IPS, IAS and MPPSC, PSC, Bank PO, Civil Judge coaching classes in Indore.

Bank PO Coaching in Indore posted on August 21, 2017 at 9:00 am

The most famous and creative PS academy Indore provide world best MPPSC, PSC, Bank PO, Civil Judge and IPS, IAS for those students who are really serious in career.

MP Govt Jobs posted on August 28, 2017 at 4:55 am

Reading online news and latest government information in Madhya Pradesh, Rojgar Dhaba provide MP Govt Job news for each and every field of peoples.

MP Online Government Jobs posted on August 28, 2017 at 4:56 am

Read MP Online Government Jobs which is helpful for you.

MP Government Jobs News posted on August 28, 2017 at 4:58 am

MP Government Jobs News right information platform to give career solution exactly in trouble free form.

Employment News, Today Employment News posted on August 28, 2017 at 4:59 am

read Employment News, Today Employment News useful for you.

Employment News of This Week posted on August 28, 2017 at 4:59 am

Employment News of This Week is the best source for you to read all the information at one place.

Online Rojgar Dhaba News posted on August 28, 2017 at 5:01 am

Online Rojgar Dhaba News is The website gives a well-suited environmental services to grow easily awareness about the al state announcement and latest information.

GovtjobsUpdate posted on August 29, 2017 at 2:00 am

free jobs alert on your whatsapp click here join now http://www.govtjobscare.com/p/freejobalert-on-fb-group-job-alert.html

rajdhani night chart posted on August 29, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Your blog website provided us with useful information to execute with. Each & every recommendations of your website are awesome. Thanks a lot for talking about.

Rojgar Samachar posted on September 6, 2017 at 4:55 am

I always look that amazing news, this is really cool information thanks fir shsring.

Free Jobs Alert posted on September 8, 2017 at 12:25 pm

interesting Post .given a such a good information . Click here For Latest Free Jobs Alert