Simplicity and Story Sharing

I came into the semester fresh off a surgery I’d been waiting two years for. My recovery was not the slow, beautiful process I had wanted it to be. When BU told us to stay home, I was actually relieved. I was so tired of running around with my three healing incisions and a newly settled tendon. Also, if you have ever had your armpit cut open, you know that it’s kind of terrifying to take care of. (PS, if you have had your armpit cut open, please comment on this post, we should talk. I have some really great and very specific memes about it).

It’s Month 3. I have a lot of range of motion back, I can lift a little over two pounds with my right arm, can carry a bottle of water without flinching. There are some motions I still won’t get back for another seven months. But at three months is when I start to get building up the arm again instead of just protecting it.

So, my major self-care activity has been working out. Since I’m not running around campus, jerking my arm about and unable to really take it slow like I needed to, I don’t have as much post-op pain, let alone chronic pain. I don’t have to base my whole day around how my shoulder feels when I wake up. I can actually set a workout schedule for myself, because the days where I wake up and know It’s Going to Be A Bad Day are few and far between. And because I’m not in pain when I work out, I don’t feel scared or sad about my injury as often. I work out every day on FaceTime with one of my best friends, so it’s also time I get to share with another person. 

I am in the least pain that I’ve been in for the last two and a half years. It feels amazing. There was so much tension I was carrying at school. Our campus isn’t exactly accessible for people who are injured, have chronic pain, or have a disability. When my shoulder hurt, which was often, I was quick to snap, short-tempered, easily disappointed and aggravated. I feel like I have been able to let all that go. I can fully concentrate on the situation at hand without that 10% of my brain devoted to being distressed about my shoulder pain. Even as the world grows more disconnected, I find that I am more connected than ever to the beauties of daily life.

Laurene Cianciulli posted on September 2, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Excellent site. Plenty of helpful information here.I’m sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.And of course, thanks on your sweat!

politicadeverdade posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:46 pm

안전한놀이터 With the extension, Kelly’s chances of trading have disappeared. Kelly was mentioned as a trading card ahead of the trade deadline in July last year. Kelly was attractive as a starting resource for the

politicadeverdade posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:47 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 Arizona expressed its intention to keep Kelly as one of the Arizona starters in the future on a two-plus-one contract. Kelly played as a SK ace in the KBO League and advanced to the Major League.

politicadeverdade posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:48 pm

먹튀검증 He played for SK from 2015 to 2018, recording 48 wins, 32 losses and a 3.86 ERA in 119 KBO League games. Ahead of the 2019 season, Kelly signed a two-plus-two-year contract with Arizona for $14 million

scottchasserot posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:49 pm

토토검증커뮤니티 It was a contract that received a total of 5.5 million dollars for the first two years. In the first year of 2019, he played with 13 wins, 14 losses, and a 4.42 ERA, and in 2020, when the short season was

joelecorbeau posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:49 pm

안전한놀이터 He will receive an annual salary of $4.25 million in 2021 and $5.25 million in 2022 by satisfying the option with good performance for two years. Last year, he took the mound in 27 games, recording 7

joelecorbeau posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:50 pm

안전한놀이터추천 Hanwha pitcher Joo Hyun-sang learned “Ryu Hyun-jin’s cutter” and played scoreless eight consecutive games in practice and exhibition games. Ryu Hyun-jin’s lesson effect predicts his regular season

nyrthos posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:50 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 Joo Hyun-sang pitched seven이 innings in a total of eight games, including three practice games and five exhibition games, with four hits, one walk, five strikeouts, and no runs. In the exhibition

totosinsa posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:51 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 He made one save and one hold each, the best performance among Hanwha bullpen pitchers. Joo Hyun-sang said, “I prepared well in the off-season and threw more confidently because I was in good

Cryptocurrency exchange script posted on November 2, 2022 at 8:15 am

Joo Hyun-sang pitched seven이 innings in a total of eight games, including three practice games and five exhibition games, with four hits, one walk, five strikeouts, and no runs. In the exhibition.

slotmachinesite.com posted on November 14, 2022 at 9:38 pm

You’re really a good webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible.