A Final Thought On Marsh Chapel

Dear Marsh Community,

Today, April 19th, 2020, I write what will likely be my final Marsh Blog post.

In four years, I’ve seen an immense amount of change. But throughout these changes, one things has remained constant: my prayer at Marsh Chapel.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Wednesday at 11:06am, sitting in the back pew admiring an inscription or a stained glass window.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me sitting at the piano on a Tuesday at 10:14pm, playing Amazing Grace.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Saturday at 2:33pm, standing in the narthex, reading a few of Thurman’s works in the display case.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Thursday at 7:23pm, preaching a sermon with my fellow associates in remembrance of Maundy Thursday.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Sunday at 12:22pm, handing out a hot chocolate or signing thank you notes on the plaza with MOVE.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Friday at 4:45am, pacing on the back of the beach in preparation for a spring concert.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year at Marsh Chapel, you could find me on a Monday at 6:01pm, praying before a community dinner in the Marsh Room.

During a non-coronavirus impacted school year, you could find me at Marsh Chapel on any given day, at any given time, in a state of prayerful reflection. A constant in the midst of uncertainty.

In the space surrounding the chapel, and within the building’s four walls, I have found prayer to be my refuge. Prayer allows me to accept whatever the future may bring, while experiencing the totality of the present moment. Prayer remains a constant, and so too, Marsh Chapel remains a constant in my spiritual life.

I would like to take a moment to thank many of those who have helped me find wholeness at Marsh Chapel. I could write an essay on my gratitude for every person on this list, but to keep it readable, I’m listing one quality that you’ve inspired me with:

To Soren and Jenn: Thank you for your hospitality.

To Brother Larry: Thank you for your questioning.

To Dean Hill: Thank you for your words.

To Heidi: Thank you for your positivity.

To Ray: Thank you for your detail.

To Scott: Thank you for your encouragement.

To Justin: Thank you for your inspiring playing.

To Karen: Thank you for your check-ins.

To Jess: Thank you for your laughter.

To Victoria: Thank you for your enthusiasm.

To the Marsh Chapel Choir: Thank you for your talent.

To Members of the Book Study: Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

To The Members and Community of Marsh Chapel: Thank you for your presence.

And of course, my fellow Marsh Associates:

To TJ: Thank you for your friendship.

To Shruti: Thank you for your passion.

To Alec: Thank you for your open-mindedness.

To Celie: Thank you for your awareness.

To Devin: Thank you for your boldness.

To Denise: Thank you for your drive.

To Emi: Thank you for your humor.

To Phoebe: Thank you for your honesty.

To Nick: Thank you for your integrity.

To Marritt: Thank you for your enthusiasm.

To Savannah: Thank you for your creativity.

To Ian: Thank you for your listening.

To Matt: Thank you for your drive.

To Kasey: Thank you for your intellect.

I’m grateful to have shared so many memories, moments, and prayers with all of you.

I feel that it is only fitting to end my last blog post with my first memory of Marsh Chapel, and the words that sealed my love for this place. There’s something fitting about the fact that over the course of my four years, this musical reminder of God’s presence never changed. These words continue to center my thinking, and open my eyes to a profound sense of hope.

“God be in my head, and in my understanding,

God be in my eyes, and in my looking,

God be in my mouth, and in my speaking,

God be in my heart, and in my thinking,

God be at my end, and at my departing.”

May the Lord bless and keep all of you, may the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and grant you peace. Now and forever. Amen.

With love and admiration,

Tom

Devin Harvin posted on April 29, 2020 at 10:20 am

One of the best to ever do it. Thank you Tom, for your commitment to Marsh Chapel, it was a pleasure to grow with you.

MGWIN88 posted on May 20, 2021 at 4:33 am

i say my comments very good.

토토 posted on October 28, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Estoy muy feliz de encontrar este sitio web. Quería agradecerles por su tiempo debido a esto.
lectura fantástica !! Definitivamente me gustó cada parte y te tengo
guardado en favoritos para ver cosas nuevas en su sitio.

https://www.betmantoto.pro

politicadeverdade posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:28 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 South Korea was the last to be called in Port 3 and was assigned to Group H. They will meet Portugal with one port, Uruguay with two ports, and Ghana with four ports. South Korea, which will take the

scottchasserot posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:29 pm

먹튀검증 The second round will be played against Ghana and the third round against Portugal. It is believed that the group of deaths was avoided. Group E, which has Spain and Germany in one group, is expected

politicadeverdade posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:30 pm

안전한놀이터 Cappu, Nigeria’s World Cup hero Jay Okocha, former German national team Rotar Mateus, Iran’s Ali Daiei, Qatar legend Adele Amer Almala, Australia’s legendary team Cahill, and Algeria’s soccer hero

scottchasserot. posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:31 pm

토토검증커뮤니티 With Qatar, the host country, designated as one port in Group A, one port of countries was assigned first. The Netherlands, Senegal and Ecuador were grouped in two ports. Qatar and Ecuador will

joelecorbeau posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:32 pm

안전한놀이터 FIFA held a draw for the 2022 Qatar World Cup at the National Convention Center in Doha, Qatar, on the 2nd. South Korea, which had been assigned to three ports, was assigned to Group H along

안전한놀이터추천 Based on Qatar’s local time, South Korea will play Uruguay on Nov. 24, Ghana on Nov. 28, and Portugal on Dec. 2. Looking at each country’s World Cup record, it has lost two games to Uruguay and

nyrthos posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:33 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 Ghana will face off for the first time at the World Cup. It’s neither a great death tide nor a relatively easy tide. Then, what about the objective power of Group H evaluated by the third countries except the

totosinsa posted on April 1, 2022 at 11:33 pm

먹튀검증커뮤니티 After the group formation was completed, Spanish media “Marca” analyzed the strengths and weaknesses of each country. The media scored five stars in three areas: defense, midfielder, and offense

casinositeone.JDS posted on May 17, 2022 at 12:33 am

Wow, happy to see this awesome post. I hope this think help any newbie for their awesome work.

casinosite777info.JDS posted on May 17, 2022 at 12:33 am

By the way thanks for share this awesomeness from Feel free to visit my website;

casinositezone.JDS posted on May 17, 2022 at 12:33 am

Fantastic post! Please keep sharing. I know of a roofing company if you are looking for Game Please get in touch!

casinositeguidecom.JDS posted on May 17, 2022 at 12:34 am

Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself from appreciating this.

casinosite777.info posted on May 21, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Thank you for providing a good quality article.

safecasinosite.net posted on May 21, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive.

baccaratsite.biz posted on May 21, 2022 at 8:50 pm

I have enjoyed a lot reading this post keep it up.

메이저토토사이트 posted on June 6, 2022 at 10:54 pm

Hey, I simply hopped over in your web page by means of StumbleUpon. Not one thing I might in most cases learn, however I favored your feelings none the less. Thank you for making something price reading. 메이저토토사이트
sxgth

요기요 posted on November 29, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Wow, what is this? After seeing this post, it made me think a lot for a minute I think a lot of people should read these comments 토토커뮤니티 but it’s a waste for me to see them

totowho77 posted on March 17, 2023 at 1:55 am

It’s really nice to see you at Waikano today Nice to meet you. Neagle is so much fun. I’m going to read it againhttps://totowho.com/%5D

Dinar Chronicles posted on April 10, 2023 at 7:46 am

Thanks for this information.

ghost11 posted on April 18, 2023 at 4:46 am

Wow, how can you write this? You’re so smart. Aren’t you a genius? It’s awesome. It’s so much fun that I’ll come back to watch it’ I’m just looking forward to your posting again메이저사이트 and I felt responsible for receiving this warm energy and sharing it with many people

nedayas posted on May 21, 2023 at 2:55 am

Health and not having disease is really a great blessing if we appreciate it.

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:35 pm

I’m thoroughly impressed!

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:42 pm

I’m blown away!

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:49 pm

Well earned praise!

mixing tank posted on June 17, 2023 at 2:08 am

You’re on top of your game!

meoktwi posted on August 17, 2023 at 9:30 pm

While i get anyone to this specific web site whereby observe noticeably we now have keep. 😀 https://meoktwi.com/

therowdylender posted on August 17, 2023 at 9:33 pm

There’s noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also. https://therowdylender.com/

https://totogorae.com/ posted on August 17, 2023 at 9:36 pm

There’s noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also. https://totogorae.com/

mymelee posted on August 17, 2023 at 9:37 pm

I would repeat that we site visitors are quite blessed to live in a useful community with many marvellous individuals with helpful principles. https://mymelee.com/