Isolated Thoughts

One of my friends who took a semester off posted a picture on Instagram that said, “if you wanna go then go.” That has been my mindset this year. I’m alone a lot this semester. I’ve moved into single dorm room, my girlfriend who I miss a bunch is abroad now. and I’ve purposely chosen to take these moments for me. I’m constantly interacting with people and find little time for me. This semester I’ve made more of an effort to find out more about myself. What I really want. like and who I want to be. I haven’t been on my own since the first month of freshman year. I jumped into a relationship that I wasn’t ready for and became attached to a person who was great but wasn’t for me. This summer that ended and I found someone amazing shortly after, and now she’s abroad. So I’m surrounded by a few close friends, and then theres me. I have the opportunity to work solely for me. To think solely for me and to live solely for me. I’m enjoying this time despite how uncomfortable it is. I think I need it, I need to be attached to only me for a period and see what I come back to. I’m not lonely, I have friendship and love in my life and in many respects I’m more involved then I ever have been before., but this feels new for me. It feels like a first day of college all over again.

– Young Jedi