Pause and Presence

This morning, I meditated. I’ve done many different types of meditation throughout my life, but this time felt different. Perhaps, it was the fact that I was alone and decided to meditate myself instead of in a group setting. During my meditation I prayed and reflected on the week ahead, and the week behind me. Here are a few of my take-aways:

1. I am getting way too caught up in questioning my self-worth
  2. I have rejected accessing my true feelings in order to feel content
  3. I may have over-booked myself a bit
  4. It’s okay to press pause

Out of these main points of reflection, the last seemed to stick out most. “It’s okay to press pause,” is a phrase I heard said by one of the members of the book study on Sunday morning. I think this a really useful concept and I hope to implement it more this week and in the weeks to come.

During the hustle and bustle of college life, I rarely think to hit the pause button. Instead, I devour all of my tasks as quickly as possible to feel as though I can push pause afterwards. But perhaps, it’s healthier to push pause in the moment sometimes. Not necessarily to procrastinate, but to simply reflect on what is really important and how best to maneuver the work and lifestyle that college brings. This week I hope to remind myself that college is not a foot race or even a marathon, but a self-driven walk in the wilderness of knowledge.

“The greater the depth of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of mystery that surrounds it.”

neda posted on June 7, 2023 at 2:48 am

That was interesting…
I hope you have a good time at “press pause”…