Simplicity and Self-Care

It can be hard to practice self-care during this time of uncertainty and fear. In a non-covid world, I would be full of energy every day, walking all over the city that I’ve grown to call home over the past four years. Yoga and Pilates would be filling my time when I was not in class or at Marsh. However, things have changed. The world is at a standstill right now, and it’s easy to think that we can put self-care on hold because everything else in our lives is seemingly on hold, at least for the next couple of weeks.It’s also too easy to find ourselves asking the questions “what if?” and “why now?”

Furthermore, it is important to understand that if there was ever a time where self-care and simple things in life were necessary, it’s a time like this one. Self-care and finding joy in the most basic things is what has helped me through this. Prayer journaling every night has also helped clear my head from the fog that our current world brings, and it has also warmed my heart knowing that even if not everything in life is as clear or as in plain sight as they once were, at least I know that God is with me through this season, and to guide me in a direction that maybe I had not thought about before. It can be incredibly humbling to know that while yes, many things have changed and some everyday  things might not be the same for a little while, self-care and enjoying the simple things are what we need to value during this time of meditation.

Debbi Haugh posted on September 2, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Admiring the commitment you put into your site and in depth information you offer.It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashedinformation. Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including yourRSS feeds to my Google account.