As part of the Core’s ongoing initiative to engage students with the cultural resources of Boston, the department has organized a series of Friday afternoon excursions under the heading “My Favorite Boston. All groups depart Fridays at 3:00 PM from CAS 119; sign-up beforehand in the Core office as space is limited. These events are free, but bring your BU ID and a pass for the T.
- September 10: “Winged Deities, Boston Brahmins and Wrathful Buddhas” Professor Eckel’s favorite works at the Museum of Fine Arts. Make sure to bring your BU ID! Enjoy coffee afterward.
- September 17: Explore the Boston Public Library and the murals of John Singer Sargent’s “Triumph of Religion” with Professor Lockwood. Ice cream will follow.
- September 24: Professor Hamill will take students to the Harvard Semitic Museum to view the exhibit “The Houses of Ancient Israel”, led by a guide of the museum. Pizza in Harvard Square will follow.
- October 1: Professor Eckel is on the hunt for the best cookie in Brookline. Join the “Great Cookie Quest” to check out some of the best bakeries in Brookline.
- October 15: Professor Cirulli will lead students on a tour of Boston’s North End to learn the secrets of Boston’s most colorful neighborhood. Pizza will follow.