Losing My Religion?

Although I don’t have the same beliefs I did as I a child growing up and I consider myself to be more secular and pluralist than what I was taught, I cannot say that I have lost any faith in god or religion. On the contrary, I believe that my spiritual practices have deepened and that I have become much more “religious” or “spiritual” as I’ve gotten older because I am willing to go into other sacred spaces and see the ways in which others practice their beliefs.

Christian, Jew, Muslim, shaman, Zoroastrian, stone, ground, mountain, river, each has a secret way of being with the mystery, unique and not to be judged. -Rumi

From what I have come to understand, reaching god is like climbing a mountain. The goal is to get to the top, but there isn’t just one way or direction to get to it, there are many and what Kind of explorer would limit themselves to only one way to climb the mountain or to climb only one mountain when there are many ways to climb one mountain and many mountains to climb.

Although I do not practice in the same manner I did as a kid, I see no difference in what I do now with what I did then as I am still attempting to experience god. Whether I go to a temple, synagogue, mosque, church, tree, lake, river, or mountain; I believe that I am in good hands as I am surrounded by god.

n.yasin posted on June 13, 2023 at 11:45 am

It is very interesting that you grow older and your faith becomes stronger…
Because it’s hard work…
Faith usually increases in childhood…