Crash Course in Ministry

Greetings!  My name is Emma Rehard, and I am a junior in the College of Arts and Sciences, majoring in international relations with a religion minor in CAS and a public health minor in Sargent College.  As a junior, I’m starting to think seriously about what I am called to do after graduation, and it is my hope that working at Marsh Chapel this year will provide some guidance in that discernment.

This week, I became a Marsh Associate.  There are a lot of associates and interns and chaplains around Marsh and BU, so let me explain a little bit about what I’m going to be doing at the Chapel.  I’ve chosen to work specifically with the Marsh Chapel Choir, and Dr. Jarrett, the choir’s director, has been so generous as to welcome a musically passionate but arguably less talented individual such as myself to sing with the amazing group of singers that comprise the Chapel choir.  The music at Marsh has been bringing me joy as an on and off member of the congregation for the last two years, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with them.  This semester I will be helping to organize social and community service events for the choir, and seeking to learn from them and become a part of their community.

I’m also very excited to be on the ministry team at Marsh, which is brimming with talented, thoughtful, fascinating individuals.  I look forward to the opportunity to get to know Marsh and its people better as I become a part of this team!

Mary Kay posted on September 24, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Hi! Great blog! Can you create a way in the right sidebar so that we can become “followers” of your blog (to get an email every time there is a new post)? And can you put a facebook, LinkedIn, and twitter icon on the blog so we can share it with our friends more easily? Thanks!