Taking a Break

There’s a definitive shift in mood around school when midterms start up.  Make up is neglected, clothing re-worn, eyes bloodshot, heads are aching, and everyone is generally less friendly.  Ok, maybe this is an exaggeration, but it’s how I feel right now.  I’m a week into four weeks of midterms (go figure…) and have pulled out most of my hair already.

However at the end of the tunnel that is this week, there’s a bright and shining light.  On Thursday I’m going back to Cincinnati for the week.  No, Cincinnati is not the shining light.  Seeing my family is!  Granted, most of the 36 hours I’m there will be spent renewing my driver’s license, scheduling the removal of my wisdom teeth, and other such tasks.  But I’m really excited for the time I get to spend with my family.

My family has always been my spiritual home, the place where I learned and developed much of my faith and practice.  As I’m setting out on this exploration of my own individual theology and vocation, I’m looking forward to this opportunity to head home and touch base with that foundation.  I hope to find a bit of time for relaxation and reflection with them.

Also, while the Marsh Meal Plan is great (shout out to the Altos for a wonderful brunch this weekend!) I am very excited for my parents’ cooking.