Is God Good?

I sat in my religious thinking of Howard Thurman class and someone asked is God good? Moreover, can God be good, when there is so much bad and because God is everything how can he be good. I wrestled with that for a while. I went to the idea, “God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.” But there was something in the back of my mind that wouldn’t let that simple idea be enough. I’v decided that God is hope. He is the possibility of greatness, he gives us the opportunity to live according to his will and live a life like Jesus. We choose, to follow his will or go down another path.

Day in and day out we feel examples of people choosing something other than love. I stopped “seeing” people choose hate awhile ago. I feel when they choose to go against God. It’s extremely personal. God is my hope, he is my confidant, the person that knows me best and so when I choose to go against God it hurts me more than anything. No matter how many projects, papers, and commitments that feel overbearing, I don’t lose hope. Because God is my hope and he’s always with me. I’ve had moments where I’ve felt alone, surrounded by people and things that didn’t matter to me. During these times I didn’t feel God, but I know I couldn’t have made it without him. So my question is who is God to you? It is an extremely personal question, God can be anything you need him to be.