Gina Kim

247441_10150213283383058_3494346_n

My name is Gina Kim and I’m a first year Journalism grad student at BU’s College of Communication. As a 24-year-old California native, I am an-ex business magazine writer, metaphysical poetry enthusiast, and a certified boss in the making. I was an English literature/classics major at the University of California Santa Cruz and wrote for my on campus satire humor publication during my senior year of college. I was also a competitive student athlete for 19 years, which meant I pretty much had no life all. Eventually, I competed for my alma mater’s NCAA Division III Women’s Swimming and Diving team. Originally, I was planning on getting my Masters in English Literature straight from undergrad, but realized I didn’t want to stay in academia forever. So, I put all my eggs in one basket and applied to BU’s College of Communication. Now I’m here. In my free time I enjoy reading, watching Bob’s Burgers, RuPaul’s Drag Race, listening to metal, and blogging arbitrary complaints about crappy corporate coffee shops, social justice, the patriarchal society, and monogamous relationships.

Check out my posts from the Fall 2014 semester:

How a COM grad student made the 2014 midterm elections her professional project
Behind the scenes: Good Morning BU
I survived my first month of grad school… here’s how
I spent my first two weekends of grad school in a journalism bootcamp…. and I liked it
BU COM celebrates its 100th anniversary with COM talks
From a banana slug to a Boston terrier

One thought on “Gina Kim