NBR Policy Forum on Innovation and Job Creation held in Seoul

Policy Forum with the National Bureau of Asian Research and the University of Seoul on Strengthening the US-ROK Alliance for Job Creation and Sustainable Development, October 30, 2017.

Policy Forum with the National Bureau of Asian Research and the University of Seoul on ‘Strengthening the US-ROK Alliance for Job Creation and Sustainable Development’, October 30, 2017.

About a year ago I received an R&R (revise-and-resubmit) on my submitted manuscript on South Korea’s Creative Economy Agenda to NBR Asia Policy. I ended up sending the manuscript to Asian Survey (where the article is being reviewed currently), so it was to my great surprise when NBR reached out soliciting me to speak on a panel and to collaborate on a one-to-one interview publication on the topic of my research.

NBR recently launched the Center for Innovation, Trade and Strategy and there will be future research collaborations with them. The closed policy forum held with fellow academics from the University of Seoul and other practitioners from the NBR delegation. The wide-ranging subcategories of policy issues discussed were healthcare, chaebol reform, innovation, energy mix, and the KORUS FTA renegotiation. I look forward to future policy research collaborations with NBR.