Marsh Blog Round 2

Hi everyone,

I have been posting on here for the past year, but I have yet to formally introduce my self so here we go!

I’m Jaimie. I’m a sophomore at BU majoring in religious studies and I’m in the Kilachand Honors College. This is my second year as a Marsh Associate for Children’s Ministry. I think I have the most fun job at Marsh, because I get to work with our kids–teaching, learning, praying, and making awesome crafts. I adore the kids at Marsh Chapel and my goal is to create a space for them where they feel loved and safe, and where they can ask questions and start to understand more about their beliefs.

So the reason I got involved with the chapel in the first place, is that I want to become a Unitarian Universalist minister. I’m very active in my religion, so some of my posts will be thoughts about my work with Unitarian Universalism, particularly my UU adventures from this summer. When I’m in Boston, I get to be apart of a church group called The Sanctuary Boston. My leadership with them will also I’m sure make appearances in this blog. They are the most energetic, spectacular worship community I’ve found, and being with them has opened me up to new understandings of the divine and new understandings of my place in ministry.

I’m very grateful to be able to spend this next year working at Marsh and continuing to learn about ministry and myself. I definitely struggle sometimes with articulating my own beliefs and so hopefully this year of work will help me get better at that. Most of all I have missed, the community that is the staff at Marsh Chapel, and I’m so happy to be back! Here’s to an amazing new year!