It’s the simple things

It happens like clockwork. I lay in my bed ready to sleep and I began to go through my day, the work needed to be done tomorrow, all the future stresses of the week and I think God’s got me so I can make it through this one, “he”s gotten me through worst.” I realized this week, I need more reminders that he’s got me. Not a physical reminder or even a spiritual one, I needed something simple for myself. I thought about it and it quickly became clear. I needed to change what I listened to every morning and allow my music to become a reminder for me. I made a playlist of all my favorite praise and worship songs and threw in a few songs that let me know he’s there. Sounds silly, but its inexplicable how empowered you feel going to class when Brandon Roberson is telling you “nothing is impossible, nothing is too hard for you, no one can compare to you, you can all things.” I’ve had to listen to that song at least 50 times just this week. Every time, it did something different for me. I think its important to have that reminder that God is right there with you even at your lowest times. Even at 1:30 AM when your writing a paper and all you want to do is quit, it’s important to remember you get your strength from someone greater than anything on earth.

I’ve heard rumors of a sophomore slump, I’ve been trying so hard to avoid it, its stopped me from enjoying the blessings I’ve had this semester. Often in classes we are asked to look at the bigger picture, but instead I;ll ask you to look at the small stuff. To quote one of my favorite poet, Whitman, “The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?  Answer. That you are here—that life exists and identity, That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.” Enjoy contributing your verse, that is a blessing in itself.

Consulente di Immagine Milano posted on October 15, 2016 at 4:45 am

“you get your strength from someone greater than anything on earth”…so true! I love this phrase!

Devin Harvin posted on October 16, 2016 at 10:42 pm

As do I! It keeps me going!

Mike posted on October 16, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Great Article. Much appreciated

Devin Harvin posted on October 16, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the support!

Make Money Online posted on November 15, 2016 at 6:30 am

Thank you! I appreciate the support! It keeps me going!

Blogger Meeting posted on November 15, 2016 at 6:33 am

Hello Devin

Thank you so much! You Wrote a Great Article & Much appreciated!