The Journey of Faith

Until recently, I thought I was doing everything right when it came to my faith. I prayed, went to church on Sunday, and was involved in acolyting and children’s ministry. I thought I had figured out how to be the “perfect” Christian. My faith has been important to me my entire life, and has always played a large role in the decisions I choose to make in my life. But recently I have found myself asking how did I get to this point in my journey where I feel even closer to Christ, than I was before?

Transitioning to a school like Boston University has been a journey, to say the least. When you go from being able to name almost every person in your class to being one of many, it can be daunting, and frankly scary too. However, I have found that my entire life has been a journey, and this is another adventure in my life. I’ve realized in the past few weeks that being a Christian is more than just praying and going to church. It’s about having an open mind and opening your eyes to the world around you. I have learned through my time so far at Marsh chapel that the path is not always laid out in front of you and makes sense, sometimes you have to really open your eyes to see where you re going, and therefore where your journey is taking you. Before joining Marsh, I thought I knew everything, but no I know that I still have so much to learn, and I’m ready to continue the journey of faith as it is meant to be,  and then I can truly say that I am doing right, but not just by me but also by Christ.  I’m excited for what my future holds and where my faith takes me.

neda posted on June 13, 2023 at 11:39 am

It was a good text…
Full of emotion and faith…

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:45 pm

Phenomenal effort!