learning me.

moving into my last semester here at BU, I’m trying to find a balance between being nostalgic, living in the present and thinking about the future. looking back to a similar moment in time, my senior year of high school, I can only appreciate the environments I’ve been placed in that have allowed me to grow. I was recently asked, “what do you want your legacy at BU to be?”  I think there’s an obvious legacy that many can understand and connect with. However, thinking about what I want people to think about when they think of me on this campus is hard to pinpoint. I just want people to know that I never had it all together, that it was actually the opposite. I struggled, wanted to quit, and leave so many times. I truly believe that life should be a series of attempts to accomplish great things, but that doesn’t mean you don’t fail. As I’ve gotten closer to God over my four years, I’ve gotten closer to myself. It’s been a process of learning me.

On a different note, I’ve become to comfortable in the church. Everything seems routine, maybe that isn’t a bad thing but I need to challenge myself to diving deeper. I’m just hoping for a deeper dive into the word, especially before I graduate, I feel like I’m missing  something.

nedaya posted on June 1, 2023 at 4:04 am

It was a good “learning”…
Getting closer to God…