[GRANT] Awarded a National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) NextGen Grant

img-header-logo-p

My book project has been awarded the Next Generation Researcher Grant of the National Research Foundation of Korea for my first book manuscript, TRADE WARS & CURRENCY CONFLICT: China, South Korea and Japan’s Responses to U.S. Pressures since the Global Financial Crisis. Originally, the book project was based on my PhD dissertation submitted to Boston University in 2015, but from 2017 it underwent several stages of redevelopment and restructuring in order to reflect the shifts in the global trade order and the ongoing trade war.

Concurrently, the book project is in progress under the Academic Book Publication Program at the Research Information Service of the National Library of Korea under the timeline July 25, 2019 to July 25, 2020.

The NRF funding for the project will run from December 1, 2019 to November 30, 2020. A project report is expected six months after the completion date and final outcome in book publication form are expected within two years of the completion date. I will be focusing on the redrafting, revising, and data visualizing process of the book manuscript until summer 2020. From fall 2020, I will focus on securing a book contract at a reputable university press in the US.