Reading is the Key

By Sultan Aburezeza

The NamesakeStrengths Finder

Reading in English has recently become my most favorite habit ever, whereas I never liked reading in my mother language. For most foreign students, writing is the most difficult obstacle that they face. I can say it is really hard to write in a way that lets the native English speaker truly understand what is going on in your mind. So let me make it easier for you and tell you that reading is the key, not only to create a perfect paper of academic writing, but also to expand your vocabulary. I highly recommend reading for foreign students. In addition it is very important to read about something that you enjoy.

Two books I read and found easy to understand were titled; Strengths Finder by Tom Rath, and The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Not surprisingly, these books have improved my writing skills. The first book is about a number of strengths, and the author is trying to explain how to develop a strength that you have.  The book doesn’t tell you what your strengths are, but how to work on them. The other book is an enjoyable novel about an Indian family that lives in the United States. The novel is really admirable and motivating, and the writer provides an amazing picture of their lives. It really inspired me a lot.