Alumna Interview with Grace Huang

BU Alumna interview 2newpic copy

Photo of Grace; Grace Huang
Photo of Boston Terrier: bucultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/welcome.jpg
Interview of Grace Huang by Katja Davidoff
My experience at CELOP was very great and I would never forgot the time I spent there. Studying at CELOP helped me improve my English and get to know more about American culture and people.  I also really like the lecturers at CELOP. They are all nice, kind and friendly. Definitely YES. CELOP provided useful courses for learning English. Through morning core course I had a chance to improve my listening, reading, speaking and writing skills. From my afternoon elective courses I could choose the topics I was interested in studying. I chose Readings in the Social Sciences because that gave me some general ideas about global social issues. My favorite activity at CELOP was the field trip to Rhode Island. It was an excellent experience and I got to hang out with classmates outside of class. There were different activities every week that students could join. It was very fun learning English at CELOP. In my class, my instructors led us to learn English through playing. It was a simple way to learn, but it was effective. Another memorable event was the Salem project trip. I went to Salem with my group during Halloween season and researched the stories and the history of Salem. Then, we gave a presentation about Salem and our experience. At CELOP there are so many people from different corners of the world. I did not know a lot about the Middle East. There I met a lot of students from that part of the world and became friends with them. Through them I learned more about their culture. The advice I want to give current students is: “Don’t be afraid to speak!” The best way of learning a language is by using it and the easiest way to use a language is by speaking it. Feel free to have a conversation with someone you don’t know, then you will learn more. Learning a language is interesting! Enjoy it!
Photo Credits
Photo of Grace Huang from Grace Huang
Boston Terrier – bucultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/welcome.jpg