My Future – by Abdullah Alarifi

by Abdullah Alarifi

Each individual has future goals and he or she wants them to come true. Some achieved their goals and some didn’t because they thought it impossible. I have one question for the people who didn’t achieve their future goals, “why didn’t you try harder?” I have future goals too, and my future goals will result in success in my studies, and helping my city.

The first goal that I want to achieve is success in my studies. I think that learning and getting knowledge from experts is a great opportunity. For instance, when I was in middle school my science teacher always talked about scientists, what knowledge they left behind, and how they changed the universe. He also told us that we could have the same knowledge that scientists have and more by studying. That day, my teacher really inspired me, and he showed me how much I can learn and do by studying. Then, I decided to achieve the highest grades and succeed in my major, electrical engineering. Now, my scholarship gives me the opportunity to complete my bachelor’s degree for free and I will never let it go. I will study until I get enough knowledge and success, because then I can leave something valuable for people and the world, and they can remember me by it.

The second goal that I want to achieve is to help my city.  There are a lot of ways to help my city, and what I want to do is to start an organization that will provide a lot of volunteer work like cleaning public parks or streets. I also want to help poor people by raising some money from donations. I know that a lot of people in my country want to donate to help the poor and want to do volunteer work, but they need a trustworthy organization to donate to and to cooperate with.

Finally, as previously stated, everybody has future goals. Some achieve them and some think it is impossible. Moreover, succeeding in my studies and helping to build an organization that will help the city are the most important things I want to do in my future life or at least try to do.