Beyond the Dining Hall

Marie Kimball (CAS’23)

BU Dining is great. There are always lots of options, and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Marciano Commons, one of the three dining halls on campus, is in fact right across the street from Kilachand Hall. However, sometimes you’re not in the mood for the dining hall, or if you have a kitchen, don’t have enough time to cook. I’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of my favorite spots to eat around BU:

1. Einstein’s 

Einstein’s is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack. Conveniently located in the College of Arts and Sciences (where most of my classes happen to be), Einstein’s is the best. I always can grab a bagel, an iced coffee, and a table to do work or catch up with a friend in between classes.

1. Dunkin’ Donuts

I know, I know. A lot of people prefer Starbucks. But being from New England, Dunks will always be my favorite. The only one on campus is connected to Stuvi 1 on West Campus. An iced coffee with mocha swirl always makes my day better!

1. Basho

Basho is right in the middle of campus, so I like swinging by this place on my way home for lunch or dinner when I don’t have as much time to cook. The Katsu Chicken Bowl is my favorite. This bowl with crispy chicken and a ton of veggies and rice really hits the spot.

1. Limered Teahouse

This is, in my opinion, the best place for boba on campus! It’s on west campus near Stuvi 2. I love ordering a classic milk tea with red beans and then camping out in the cozy chairs near the front window to get bigger assignments, like essays and presentations, all wrapped up.

1. Raising Canes 

I think as a BU student I’m required to mention Canes. And it’s true, it’s the best. Near Limered, Canes serves up the best chicken, fries, and garlic bread. Not to mention the Canes sauce – most people think it’s better than the Chick-fil-a sauce, but you’ll have to try it and let me know what you think.

1. Cornish Pasty Co

This restaurant is a quick walk from Danielson Hall, on the east end of campus, and is perfect for cold Boston nights. This British establishment serves up the best pasties, my favorite being the traditional. It’s essentially meat, cheese, and veggies all baked into a pastry shell, and it’s the best after walking down the wind tunnel Bay State Road can turn into in January and February.

1. Coreanos

Finally, we have Coreanos. I’ll admit that this one isn’t so much on campus, it’s a little farther into the Allston neighborhood. However, it’s totally worth the walk, or a short ride down the T. Coreanos is a Korean and Mexican fusion restaurant. I always order their classic bowl, packed with chicken, rice, eggs, and the best sauce. It’s fun to go here on the weekends when I’m spending time with friends and unwinding from the week before.

I hope that these recommendations can help you out when you’re checking out Kilachand and BU. Feel free to reach out to any of us ambassadors to ask any questions!