Tara Skurtu’s poem on the Red Line!

anyoneson

We’re thrilled to see Tara Skurtu’s (poetry ’13) poem on the MBTA Red Line! Thanks to Mass Poetry‘s Poetry on the T contest and the public’s vote, Tara’s poem will be featured on the T for the month of May.  It’s called “Anyone’s Son” and was written for the family of Trayvon Martin.

About seeing her poem on the train, Tara says, “It was unlike any experience I’ve ever had. I sat below it and watched people’s faces as they read it. I could see their eyes going across the lines, could see the poem being processed real-time. It was amazing to see. I felt like I was the page of a book, in a sense. “

Congratulations Tara!

Tara Skurtu teaches incarcerated college students through Boston University’s Prison Education Program. She is the recipient of a 2015-16 Fulbright, a Robert Pinsky Global Fellowship, and two Academy of American Poets prizes. Tara’s poems have been translated into Romanian and Hungarian, and her recent work appears or is forthcoming in The Kenyon Review, Poetry Review, Poetry Wales, Plume, Memorious, DMQ Review, The Common, and Tahoma Literary Review.