Future Plans – by Mansoor

Most people think about their future and their plans, and how they are going to achieve them. Worrying about the future is a common trait that many people have. Personally, I have gotten really worried about my future because it is sort of a mystery. Therefore, I have tried to keep a list of my goals to easily track them. Despite the difficulty of anticipating the future, my objectives are to finalize school, pass my life experience to assist Africa’s poor communities, and explore more new cultures.

I have been in school for a very long time, which will not stop until I get my Ph.D. First of all, in order to achieve that goal, I have needed to learn English language, so I enrolled at CELOP for four semesters, which had helped me a lot to improve my English into a level of proficiency. Secondly, next semester will be my first step toward the Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree. I got admission at Loma Linda University, which is an exemplary-medical school in the US. I believe that the Doctorate in Physical Therapy program at Loma Linda University is the one that will provide me with the theoretical and practical skills to fulfill my responsibilities and desire. I feel that the curriculum offers unique opportunities throughout the 3 years, with a balanced focus on all branches of physical therapy, which is what I particularly need. Joining the DPT program and working with the highly trained faculty will give me the necessary tools to develop my skills, enhance my knowledge, and provide me a special opportunity to reach my long-term goals.

Secondly, since I was a child I have dreamed to assist poor people in Africa. I have always loved what Gandhi said, “be the change you want to see in the world.” Therefore, helping others and providing them with their needs especially in terms of health is a crucial element. That action will definitely change their lives to better ones, and let me experience new things such as volunteer work, which I have been hoping of. It might be difficult to achieve that dream, but I have been working to realize it for a very long time. My plans are after I graduate from the school of physical therapy, and work for four years, I will travel to Somalia to provide victims of the civil war with some physical therapy care, which might relieve their privation. I have read that there are so many people who lost their limbs or got nerve injuries, but they are very poor and not capable of sustaining the expenses of their treatment, so physical therapy is the appropriate relief they can receive. Additionally, Somalia’s government is still unable to take the responsibility for the provision of health care. Therefore, my goal is a good reason to attempt to help those people and show them that the world is still thinking about them and wants to assist.

Finally, travelling and exploring the world is also one of my dreams. Finding out about other cultures will expand my prospective, educate myself, and also pass my knowledge on to others. Personally, I have added Japan to my bucket list. I am planning to travel to that place to find out about the locals, food, nature, and the pace of life. I have learnt that the life in Japan is very fast, so I want to see how much faster it is compared to the US; I cannot imagine how it will look like. Furthermore, Japanese food is one of my favorite foods, especially sushi, so I will get the chance to try a fresh sushi dish in local restaurants. Additionally, I will be able to meet some of my friends that I have known here in the US. when I was studying English. I am sure Japan is completely different from what I have witnessed in the US, and in the Middle East.

To conclude, predicting my future is a sort of mystery. I cannot guarantee that I will do all I have written on my bucket list, but at least I am working very hard to achieve the most important three items, which is finishing school, go to Somalia to help, and travel to Japan to enjoy my life. I hope I will read this article in seven or eight years from now after I had realized all of these three goals. I am sure it will be a good feeling of accomplishment.

One thought on “Future Plans – by Mansoor

1. Awesome Mansoor.
    I liked your article very. it reminded me of the personal statement that I’m writing for my universities now 🙂
    If I were a university, I would definitely accept you because of your personality and amazing goals.
    Good luck with your future.

Best,
    Osaid.