My Future – by Miguel Angel Martinez Porras

by Miguel Angel Martinez Porras

People go through different conflicts and although it seems strange, I take those conflicts as a personal learning experience.  I grew up in a small neighborhood in Venezuela, where I lived for about 10 years. Later, I decided to spend the rest my life with my father, and that is where I learned my English. My future is not yet deciphered, although I do have an idea of what I’m going to do.

First, even though my family is in Venezuela, I still have a desire to live in the US. This was part of my plan because, after a wonderful summer at a marine military high school, I decided to stay here in the U.S. As a repercussion, my decision had a bigger impact on my future.

Ever since I was a kid, my dream job was always constructed upon my grandfather’s dreams. However, I was nursed upon my father’s perspective and his perspective helped me believe there were other jobs that I could do. Therefore I was lead to believe that any job was possible. So I decided that the best path for me was business.

Furthermore, I needed to develop my skills in preparation for my future. To address this issue I have to confront the reality that my GPA is not perfect; that is why I have to receive a considerably good grade on the TOEFL & the SAT exams. In fact, that is why I’m at CELOP, to further develop myself.

In the near future involving family matters I believe that I need a good career involving the stock market or different corporation management. In addition to my career goals and after a few years of dating, I will finally make a decision of who to choose for a wife. In conclusion, I am fascinated over how many different trials I will go through to finally find success.