We love the big game just as much as you do! Follow these 5 tips to help you stay healthy this game day:
1. Eat! Don’t go to that game day party hungry, or you’re sure to be vulnerable to overeating! If you find you’re just a little hungry before the big game try snacking on some veggies and hummus or fruit and cheese before leaving to tide you over.
2. Get moving! Not only will this make you feel better, it will also help you have more fun. Studies show that being physically active can actually improve your mood. So don’t be a party pooper! Get some exercise in before the game, and you’re sure to liven up the party!
3. Treat yourself! Upon arriving, identify your favorite dish. This is your “must eat” item – the one that meets your eye and will not stop beckoning you until it’s in your mouth. Don’t deprive yourself of this treat! Simply give yourself a reasonable portion, truly enjoy every bite, and allow yourself to be satisfied. Moderation is key!
4. Prepare something healthy! You can make sure there is something nutritious to chomp on at the party by providing something nutritious. Cut up some veggies like carrots, celery, cucumbers and add grape tomatoes to dunk in a yummy dip. You could always try our Spinach and Artichoke Dip with veggies and whole wheat pita chips. Or our Boneless Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Blue Cheese Sauce.
5. Stay hydrated! With all your friends around, exciting football plays and fun commercials we sometimes forget to hydrate. If plain water doesn’t interest you, try adding a slice of lemon, lime or cucumber. Carbonated flavored water is also another great alternative.
What team are you rooting for on Sunday?