Sneaky Flourless Cake Brownies

By Kelli Swensen, Dietetics Student, Sargent College

Disclaimer: Technically these aren’t flourless brownies. But stay with me. While these sinfully chocolately bars are not based off of flourless chocolate cake, that’s exactly what they taste like. Okay, continue reading.

Picture from Meal Makeover Moms

One night while over at Karen Jacob’s Test Kitchen, Karen asked if anyone wanted a small brownie square. A Meal Make Over Moms recipe that had been first made at a test kitchen in January, Karen made another batch the previous weekend to impress company. Curious to try these rave-review brownies I grabbed one off the plate and sunk my teeth into one of the richest, most fudgy brownies I could remember eating – the only thing even coming close was a piece of flourless chocolate cake I had at a restaurant.

As I was savoring my final bite, I was informed that what makes these brownies healthy is the addition of black beans. I was completely surprised. Nothing about those brownies gave any hint that they were made with black beans. I highly recommend making them and keeping the secret ingredient secret until everyone is going back for seconds.

In addition to being healthy, these brownies are also gluten-free!

Tomorrow I’ll be posting the recipe as it was just featured last week at the East Campus Sargent Test Kitchen!

rizkysone posted on April 22, 2013 at 11:57 am

wow that’s look delicious i think.. i really like chocolate brownies.
Brownies is good for souvenir

distillery equipment posted on July 27, 2022 at 2:02 am

nice to meet you