Mike: My Final Days Abroad

Mike Image

Hey all,
I can’t believe it’s already nearing the end of the semester and my time abroad here in Madrid. These past few months have been the best of my life and I am so sad to leave Spain. The people I’ve met, the amazing places I’ve traveled to and the delicious food– it has all been such an incredible experience. If I have one piece of advice for underclassman, it is to go abroad. And try to go to a country where they speak another language and you can stay with a family because it really is the best way to master the language and immerse yourself in the culture.

We finally wrapped our documentary last week and have the screening this week. After months of hard work filming, interviewing and editing, we assembled a final product that i am really proud of and can’t wait to show everyone.

I’m currently writing this from my hostel in Portugal. This is my final trip before the program ends. We have a 5 day weekend because of the Spanish holidays next week. I am finally able to relax a bit and enjoy the last few weeks abroad.

It is bittersweet to leave Spain. I know how much I am going to miss Madrid but I am excited to go home to New York City and hopefully get an internship there this summer. I also was accepted into the Los Angeles internship program for this fall so I will heading to LA in August to get some hands on experience in the industry. Its going to be a very different “abroad” experience from Madrid, but I’m excited to meet new people and conquer a new city.

Unfortunately  I will be apart from Boston for yet another semester but I’ll be back in the spring to spend my last semester on campus. See you all soon!