Taylor: Try Something Different

TRUE OR FALSE: Figuring out a daily routine and sticking to it should become priority for college students. Prior the start of my sophomore year, I would have totally agreed with the previous statement. However, during these past four weeks on campus I have come to understand the depth of spontaneity.

Now I am not discouraging terrier-ific COMers to invest in planners. I passionately urge students to create a general schedule with course deadlines along with personal projects. However, I am beginning to understand how much of an enjoyable experience college can be with the inclusion of activities outside of your major field.

For instance, I have recently been cast in BU On Broadway’s fall musical, All Shook Up. Participating in this production is a major change from my campus involvement last year. I am actively involved in both BUTV10 and WTBU, so my personal calendar has endured a scheduling tornado. However, I am enjoying every moment of my involvement. I took the initiative to try something different from my intended major and I have come to fall in love with new family I have joined.

So take advantage of the COMmotion, study hard, and enjoy life!

Taylor