Donald: Study Dance Breaks

It’s that time of the semester again – papers are due, exams are coming up, and life just seems extremely chaotic all the time. Studying can be extremely stressful, and before you know it, you can spend hours with your face buried in a book. My friends and I have established a bizarre way to relieve stress during our study sessions.

When the clock hits a new hour, we all stop studying and get up and just dance to one song. It might sound really silly, but taking 5 minute breaks to just move around and act like complete idiots really does help us relieve stress. It’s great to forget about all of the work we have to do and all of the information we have to memorize and just have fun.

Since I strongly believe you should try it some time, here’s a list of songs that are particularly great to dance to:

• Let’s Dance To Joy Division – The Wombats
  • Dancing On My Own – Robyn
  • Dance, Dance, Dance – Lykke Li
  • I Am The Lion King – Papa
  • Swing Tree – Discovery
  • Don’t Slow Down – Matt and Kim
  • All Of This – The Naked and The Famous
  • D.A.N.C.E. – Justice
  • 3AM – Kate Nash
  • Tennis Court – Lorde
  • Airplanes – Local Natives
  • Air Balloon – Lily Allen