Kaley: Freshman Don’ts from an Almost-Sophomore

1. Don’t wear your BU ID around your neck. I did this until my roommate felt comfortable enough to tell me that maybe it didn’t look as cool as I thought it did. She was right, it didn’t.

2. Don’t sign up for all afternoon classes thinking you’ll go to the gym every morning before them. You won’t.

3. Don’t run to catch the BU bus. In the words of my friend Joe, walking home is so much better than losing your dignity for ten seconds. (Side note: I still run. Have I gotten a few weird looks? Maybe. Have I saved a lot of time and energy? Definitely. )

4. Don’t make it to May without leaving BU’s campus. You’ll hear this a hundred times, but I’m happy to be the hundred-and-first. It’s that important.

5. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. It’s BU, and although the catchphrase “Be You” may be cheesy, it’s true. There’s a place for everyone here -don’t worry if you’re having trouble making friends at first, as long as you keep an open mind, you’ll find your niche.