Amy: How to Deal With Craziness

It’s everyone’s favorite time of year again. The leaves turn colors, it’s time to pull sweater out, and we hit those few weeks before finals where everything seems to get so busy you can’t get anything done. When you do get to this point, with exams and projects and clubs piling up, you need a good way to organize everything.

1. Have an agenda and write EVERYTHING down. As much as I love my iCal and my reminder apps, there’s nothing like having a physical book where I can write everything I could possibly need. School assignments, events, and other to-do bits and pieces.

2. Use the Reminder apps. iPhone user speaking here, but I know for sure that the Reminder app that comes installed on the iPhone is brilliant. You can set reminders for not only a certain date/time, but also a certain location. You can set it to remind you to pick up your essay from the printer before you leave your dorm, or to actually print something when you get to the library. For forgetful people, this one’s a lifesaver.

3. Use those sticky notes you’ve got in your desk. For things you think you’ll still forget even after your agenda and your apps, write it down and stick it somewhere you’ll see it. Usually if I need to do something first thing in the morning, I’ll write it on a sticky note and stick it to my laptop or my phone screen (obviously the first places I look).

4. Take breaks and remember that Thanksgiving and Winter break is just around the corner!!

Stay healthy, stay sane, and enjoy these last couple weeks of the fall semester!