Taylor: Apps COM is Obsessed With

There is one word that I love… FREE. I’m going to venture out on a limb and say that’s a universal truth. Believe it or not, I haven’t purchased a writing utensil in four years thanks to pencil and pen loving distributors on campus.

Right now I’m coming to terms with a new addiction- apps. Combine the two bold words and well you have a common fixation among millennials.

I spoke with 7 students at random yesterday and all of them were glued to Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat. Here are a few app’s that have COM students and faculty transfixed.

1. Storehouse

“This app is meant to tell stories… It’s an incremental step in easy web publishing.”

Michelle Johnson, COM journalism professor

App1

1. Linkedin 

“I really think that Linkedin is a great way to connect with employers. People really underestimate having it on the go.”  Anya Gonzales COM15′ Advertising

app2

1. Saavn 

“It’s a Spotify equivalent but only for Indian music. It’s the easiest way to access the music I want to listen to.”

Dahiren Garg, COM16′ Advertising

app3

1. Trivia Crack

“I feel like kids our age while we are distracted by technology we are good multitaskers and it’s not mindless… I usually beat my mom.”

Alyssa Ciofani COM17′ Film/ TV

app4