Joe: S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D

The one thing Hollywood got right is how stressful college is. It’s a constant game of time management, while somehow still remembering to eat. Currently, I’m neglecting to eat in order to get this post in on time, so L.E. doesn’t kill me.

You may be expecting some deep, emotional wisdom from this post. Don’t. Stop that. We’re getting ahead of ourselves. Instead, I’m going to give you an insight into my current state of life and how to learn from my mistakes.

#TBT to that time when I was so stressed out over homework that I almost cried in front of all of B.U. Here’s a tip: breathe. Prioritize. These are things I’m not good at. But you have time to perfect them and be in a much happier place.

Try not to bite off more than you can chew. Find the classes you know you’ll get the most out of and commit to them. The others that aren’t as important don’t require every ounce of your attention and for you to go above and beyond.

College is just as much of a social learning experience as it is an actual learning experience. Like from books and stuff. So prioritize. Can that reading wait because the Emmys are on and you really just want to hangout with your friends and analyze everyone’s acceptance speeches? The answer is yes, it can. Bonus tip: be sure to practice your own Emmy acceptance speech during commercial breaks.

College is hard. Life is harder. Homework is temporary. So don’t freak out. Or do freak out. Who am I to tell you what to do? Just remember that the weekend will be here before you know it. And you’ll be able to forget your responsibilities for a little while. Until Sunday night comes around and you’re scrambling all over again.

Stay in school, kids. Say you’ll remember me standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset when you’re famous and I’m still paying off my student loans.