Amy: Top 10 On-the-Go Snacks for long days!

Now that I’m a senior and living off campus, I don’t have a dining plan or dining points (it’s possible, but I chose not to) I love cooking, but sometimes I’ll be on campus for a long time and I’ll get hungry. On-the-Go snacks that don’t need to be refrigerated are a must for those days when you seem to be running from class to meetings to more class all day and want to make sure you’re still eating healthy!

1. Granola bars. These are a goodie, but be careful of the kind you choose. I love KIND bars, Luna bars, and a good Trader Joe’s dark chocolate, walnut, and fig bar. YUM.
  2. Banana. Perfect because you don’t eat the skin, so no need to worry about wrapping it up when you put it in your bag! Be cautious not to squash it, but otherwise the perfect snack to keep you going for a few more hours
  3. Ziploc bag of cereal. Because why not breakfast all the time? My go-to is Cinnamon Life, but any good cereal is fun to munch on when your stomach starts grumbling.
  4. Baby carrots. You probably won’t want to leave these out forever, but they’ll survive a morning tucked in your school bag. Easy to eat anywhere, and great because you don’t have to eat them all at once!
  5. Veggie sticks and peanut butter. Step 1: put peanut butter in the bottom of a small jar. Step 2: stick veggie sticks (carrots, celery, zucchini) into peanut butter so they’re standing up. Step 3: close jar. Step 4: Eat and thank your past self for this DIY
  6. No bake energy balls. There are a zillion different recipes out there for these, but they all mostly involve oats, peanut butter, maple syrup or honey, and flavorings of your choosing. Get creative!
  7. Jerky. Okay so some people hate this one, but if you’re the kind of person who needs a little extra protein to get them through the day, this might be for you. Check the sodium content before you buy!
  8. DIY trail mix. This one is fun because there’s very little prep time, and you get to add whatever you want! My favorites: pretzels, almonds, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
  9. Peanut butter cracker sandwiches. Could also use almond butter or hazelnut butter. Spread on a cracker and make a sandwich. Voila!
  10. PB&B&J wrap. This one’s for bigger days when you might just need to pack an entire meal. Take a whole-wheat wrap or tortilla, spread layers of peanut butter and jelly, then top with sliced bananas. Roll up and enjoy!