Being self sufficient can be hard — especially learning to not rely on the dining hall. Here’s an easy and healthy snack recipe you can make in your apartment!
This recipe is super simple and one of my go-to’s when I’m craving a salty snack.
What you’ll need:
○ Olive oil
○ Nutritional yeast
The reason I haven’t included measurements is because it’s completely customizable (in a way you can’t really mess up, so those of you who panic without exact measurements, I promise it’ll be fine).
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Wash, de-stem, and cut/rip your kale into small pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread kale on parchment paper
- Tip: make sure it’s not piled on top of each other too much or it won’t get as crispy (for example, the batch I photographed could have been spread out more, but I wanted to use up all the kale I had left)
- Lightly drizzle kale with olive oil
- Salt and nutritional yeast to taste (this is what will give it the cheesy flavor — personally I opt for a bit less salt and a whole lot of nutritional yeast)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy