Alex: My Trader Joe’s Must-Haves

If there is one thing I can make time for out of my day, it’s a trip to Trader Joe’s. I’ll admit, my roommates sometimes make fun of me from time to time for making the “trek” to Trader Joe’s each week when Star Market is so close to us. But the extra T ride from the Brookline store or the crazy lines at the Boylston location is always worth it for me if it means getting my favorite TJ snacks. Whether you’re still in the dorms or have your own off-campus apartment, these Trader Joe’s snacks are staples for any college student

1. Roasted Plantain Chips
    I’m a huge fan of salty chips but I have a hard time justifying buying a bag of potato chips when I know I could eat them in one sitting. I love Trader Joe’s plantain chips because they’re a healthier option but I still get the savory taste and crunch that I crave!

2.      Caramelized Onion Dip
Okay, so sometimes I have to cave and get potato chips but when I do, I make sure to really splurge and get some dip to go with it. This is my favorite late-night snack when I’m looking to treat myself to a trashy snack after a long day of classes or work.

3.      Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai
When I’m running late for class, I love grabbing one of these for a quick snack. The spiced chai drink is filled with protein that keeps me full but is still so refreshing and delicious! It’s also a non-dairy drink for all of my vegan friends out there!

4.      Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil
A handful of this popcorn is the perfect study snack. The olive oil adds an unexpected twist to your normal popcorn snack but it tastes so good!

5.      Mini Pumpkin Pies
You guys. This is hands down my favorite fall snack right now at Trader Joe’s. I’m embarrassed to say there’s been multiple times where my roommates have had to step in and stop me from eating the entire box. You can heat up these mini pies in the oven if you have your own kitchen, or just eat them thawed if you’re in your dorm room!It’s only here for the fall season so stock up now, seriously!!