Megan: Reflections on the Start of My Last Semester in Boston

As I start off my third, and final, spring semester in Boston, I have done a lot of thinking about what a fantastic experience I’ve had here, and all of the opportunities I have found, and friendships I have made. I’ll hopefully be spending the spring here at BU, the summer in London, and the fall in Los Angeles, so there is still quite a bit left of college, but not a lot of time in the home I’ve found here. But I’m not sad, because there are so many good things to come this semester, and so many fun things I want to do before I leave. And so, here’s a list of things I’m looking forward to, and things I have to do before May comes around.

1. Looking forward to: My classes

This semester I’m taking three Film & TV classes that are both going to be so interesting, and perfect prep for my future. For example: my 2D Animation class, which is unlike anything I have ever done before, but will provide me with invaluable information as I look for jobs in my post-grad life.

1. Have to do: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day

Now something I want to do: celebrate a truly Bostonian St. Patrick’s Day. I want the little bit of Irish in me to explode as I deck myself in green and dance around like a true leprechaun.

unnamed-2

1. Looking forward to: My internship

This spring, I’m interning for Children’s Programming at WGBH, the PBS affiliate in Boston. This past weekend, I spent 9 hours on set each day while we filmed High School Quiz Show, where I learned all about filming a game show in a professional setting.

1. Have to do: Go to Museums

I feel like as I’ve gotten busier with extra-curriculars and classes, I’ve stopped taking advantage of the truly extraordinary experience we get as college students: the opportunity to go to so many museums in the city for free. I need to make at least one last stop to the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts.

unnamed-3 

1. Looking forward to: Bay State

I am going to be a Producer on the nation’s longest-running college soap opera, which seems absolutely insane, but which is something I have been working for since I came to BU, which makes it so especially rewarding. And, we’re re-vamping the show to make it better than it’s ever been before.

1. Have to do: Go to the Commons on a Snow Day

Whether I’m going to build a snowman or have a terrific snowball fight, what I really want to do is leave BU during a snow day and go crazy in the snow (since I’m not going to have any seasons in L.A.)!

unnamed-4

1. Looking forward to: Spending Time with Friends

I feel so grateful for the friendships I have made during my time here, and friendship has always been one of the most important parts of my life. So, I have to spend my last bit of time here celebrating those friendships, and being with the people that have made me so happy over these last few years.

1. Have to do: Take One Last Long Walk

If there is one thing I really know about myself, it’s how much I love to walk around Boston. Whenever I have a few free hours, and the weather isn’t toodreadful, I’m guaranteed to be walking from BU to my favorite destination, the Harbor (see my last post for more on that). I have to spend my last bit of time in my favorite place in the city.

giphy (16)