Sabrina: What COM Color To Dye Your Hair During Quarantine

It’s that time of the year: quarantine time! Believe me, I never saw this coming, but one night recently as I was sitting on my couch watching the reunion episode of Love Is Blind, it occurred to me that this is the time in my life when I should be taking risks and doing fun things that make me happy, as long as I can do them within my own home while practicing social distancing. So I decided that I was going to do something that I’ve been wanting to do for a while: dye my hair pink. So I did.

While I was looking online for different hair colors, it occurred to me that the color that a person chooses to use for their hair says a lot about their personality. So, I decided to categorize Arctic Fox (the brand I used) hair colors by COM majors. Here’s what I came up with…

Television & Film Frosé

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.12.10 AM

Interested in Film and Television? Then the color for you is Frosé! You like to be creative and push boundaries while also being aware that sometimes you have to be professional. You don’t want to be too bold, but you want to have some fun. Is this the color that I used to dye my hair? Perhaps.

Advertising Aquamarine

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.12.20 AM

Love to put out advertisements? Then Aquamarine is the color for you! You love social media and can be bold sometimes. Your sense of style is amazing and you aren’t afraid to put a splash of color into your daily ensemble. You love keeping up with the trends and you know when it’s time to be professional!

Blue Jean Journalism

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.12.28 AM

Love interviewing people? Love running up and capturing the hottest moment during the Bernie Sanders Boston rally? Then Blue Jean Baby is the color for you! You like to splash a little fun into your life but you’re always ready to be professional for an interview. You don’t want to be too bold but you want a little subtle flare. You do you!

Media Science Sterling

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.12.35 AM

Interested in Media Science? The science behind media? Then Sterling is the color for you! It’s chic, it’s stylish, and it’s totally trending. You can be professional but also stand out in a crowd and play with it. Don’t be afraid to spice it up a bit and try something new. Science is all about experimenting after all…
Public Relations Ritual

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.12.45 AM

Are you interested in Public Relations? Do you like talking to people and fixing issues? Then Ritual is the perfect hair color for you. You’re the go-to friend for advice and you’re a wonderful presence to be around. You know when to keep it professional and when to be casual. With this hair color you can be both. Not too bold but fun nonetheless.

Remember to have fun during this weird time and do what makes you happy. Whether that be dying your hair or binge-watching Schitt’s Creek, do your best to make sure that you’re filling each day with something to make you smile. See you in the fall!