Mia P: Best Bagels in the Boston University Area

Coming to college on the East Coast, I didn’t realize how prevalent the bagel scene truly is. Back in my hometown, bagels aren’t a staple breakfast food like they are in Boston or New York City. Since coming to BU, I’ve come to love bagels and have one almost every day! I’ve tried a variety of coffee shops and bagel spots, so I thought I’d share some of my favorites in the BU area!

1. PAVEMENT COFFEEHOUSE

Pavement is a Boston University classic! They have locations all around Boston, but also one that sits in the middle of BU’s campus. While I’m not the biggest fan of their coffee, their bagels are some of the best I’ve ever had. You can opt for a traditional bagel and cream cheese, or try one of their breakfast or lunch bagel sandwich options. 

My go-to: an everything bagel with cream cheese!

1. EINSTEIN’S BAGELS

Einstein’s is a popular bagel chain and students can find one on campus in the basement of the College of Arts and Sciences. BU students can also use dining points here, so it’s super convenient if you’re on the dining plan! Einstein’s also has a variety of coffee and pastry options, and some seating if you’re looking for a study spot. 

My go-to: an asiago bagel with cream cheese!

1. KUPEL’S BAKERY

Kupel’s is a little farther away from BU’s main campus, about a 15-minute walk from West Campus into the Brookline area. However, it’s definitely worth the walk! If you’ve got some free time, definitely head over and enjoy their vast array of bagel options. It’s also a small business, which is great to support! 

My go-to: the “Coolidge Corner” bagel sandwich!

1. STARBUCKS/DUNKIN

I choose to lump Starbucks and Dunkin together because they aren’t exactly known for their bagels, but if you’re in a crunch and need a quick breakfast, they’ll definitely do! You can also use dining points at the West Campus Dunkin and GSU, Warren Towers, and Questrom Starbucks locations, so it’s also super convenient. 

My go-to: a plain bagel with cream cheese