Michaela S: Best Places to Spend Your Dining Dollars

Boston University has lots of options for spending your dining dollars on campus, whether it’s the fast-foods you know and love or the (expensive) places in the George Sherman Union (GSU), it’s easy to lose track by the end of the semester. I’ve tried all of the Boston University food places so you don’t have to, and here’s what’s worth your dining dollars, and what’s not. 

My Top Picks:

Greens & Grains:

An on campus dupe of Sweetgreen, that will be sure to give you the biggest salad you have ever seen in your life. Life changing in comparison to a dining hall salad. 10/10.

Saxby’s:

The experience at Saxby’s is the same as riding a roller coaster, you might need to wait for two hours, but that’s worth it for 15 minutes of fun right? Honestly, they have a wait for a reason. The food and coffee is the best you’ll get on campus, but CDS is always packed and it misses the calm coffee house feel Pavement and Einsteins have. 9/10.

Raising Canes: 9/10

I had never tried Raising Canes before coming to BU, but now I can confidently say I’m hooked. I have made the trek through the green line closures, to West Campus just to have their chicken, and it is worth every penny you’ve got. The only issue I’ve ever had with Canes, is that GrubHub likes to lie to you, and say your order will be ready in 5-10 minutes, but on a busy night, it can take up to an hour. Don’t trust Grubhub, I recommend ordering in person. 9/10.

Domino’s:

Though I have only ordered Domino’s past 12am at night, it is the perfect midnight snack. They also have a great rewards system that gives free food every two-three orders. Nothing beats coming home from a late class to get some free Dominos dessert. 10/10.

Charles River Bread Company:

Consider this blog post my love letter to CRBC. Best sandwich I’ve ever had in my life. Short wait, only about 10 minutes, AND they have AMAZING cookies/deserts that change seasonally. CRBC is like Panera’s cooler, more niche sibling, that’s everything Panera wants to be. CRBC I love you, and I will gladly give you all my dining dollars. 10/10.

There are many other places that accept dining dollars around campus such as:

• Charles River Bread Company (GSU)
  • Greens and Grains (GSU)
  • Rhett’s (GSU)
  • Halal Shack (GSU)
  • The Coop (GSU)
  • Basho (Warren, GSU)
  • City Convenience (Warren, Sleeper, GSU)
  • Starbucks (Warren, Questrom, GSU)
  • Subway (Warren)
  • Raising Cane’s (West)
  • Buick Street Market (West)
  • Dunkin Donuts (West)
  • Breadwinners (Questrom)
  • Einstein Bros. Bagels (CAS)
  • Saxby’s (CDS)
  • Domino’s (South)

Overall, BU has some truly great dining options if you want to avoid the dining halls, get a daily coffee, or just want a sweet treat. Feel free to spend your dollars on whatever your heart desires, and on the weekdays, lookout for me with my CRBC.