Vanessa L: How I Manage my Time as a Junior in College

This semester as a junior, I had to balance my life wisely with school work, personal life and my internship. All three of these were important for me to maintain throughout the semester. The most important thing I did to manage my time every day was writing my day’s schedule every night. 

Just using the notes app on my phone, I allocated specific time blocks for studying, attending classes, working on internship tasks, relaxation, and social activities.When you don’t have a schedule, it’s simple to get overwhelmed or focus too much on one thing at the expense of other things. A well-planned schedule can improve concentration and productivity. You’re more likely to stay on schedule and prevent procrastination when you have designated times for studying or working on internship assignments. You can accomplish more in less time by doing this and making the most of your time. I’ve also discovered that having a well-planned schedule aids in lowering tension and anxiety. I’ve discovered that I can better manage my workload and prevent last-minute rushes or missed deadlines by planning ahead and knowing precisely when I’ll be working on various tasks and when I’ll have time for relaxation or social activities. 

I also discovered how important it is to effectively communicate your schedule and commitments to your professors, internship supervisors, friends, and family. It aids in controlling expectations. They’ll be more aware of when I’m free for social events, meetings, and assignments if I keep them updated on my schedule. This lessens the possibility that schedule conflicts will lead to miscommunications or confrontations. 

Last but not least, it’s critical to maintain self-care, which includes giving my physical and mental health top priority by engaging in activities like relaxation, getting enough sleep, and making time for things I enjoy. Taking care of yourself is essential for controlling stress and avoiding burnout. It can be difficult to balance job, school, and personal obligations, and stress is inevitable at times. I did, however, make an effort to balance spending time with friends with taking time for myself.