Several of our COM Ambassadors (looking at you, Christy, Hali, Ethan, Megan and Hanna) and I have worked for the past few months on a show called, Legally Blonde The Musical, which is based on the movie plus a slew of ten minute dance numbers and a bit more character development.
It’s funny, clever, and just a great time to perform. Like the movie, the musical portrays themes of empowerment and perseverance, friendship and loyalty. The musical might come across as a girly show, but it’s so much more than that. And if you look closely, there’s a lot to be learned from the story.
1. Friends can be found in the most unexpected places — even the hair salon.
2. Never underestimate the power of a positive attitude.
3. Stand your ground and don’t let people take advantage of you.
4. When in doubt, dance it out.
5. With determination, you can accomplish anything. Even if others tell you, you can’t.
6. It might take a little patience and resilience, but things will get better.
7. “Tattered books get left on the shelves.” Always dress for success.
8. We girls need to stick together…
9. There’s no greater feeling than winning your case. Or proving the haters wrong.
10. Elle said it best
See you on April 8 for Open House, the best day of the year!!!