Jason: Docs, Concerts, and Skiing Down Comm Ave

Can you guys believe it’s already almost March? I feel like time is flying!

So I promised I’d tell you all about the project I’m working on. A few weeks ago I began work on a new documentary. Over the next four months I’ll be following Boston University student and musician Peter Hung. Peter is an international student from Taiwan and soon to be BU graduate, who is spending the next four months on his  final attempt to land a record deal with his band Surefire before his visa expires 30 days after graduation. This project is extremely exciting because Peter is risking his ability to stay in this country, but also the respect and financial support of his family.

I’ve already filmed a ton of material including Peter’s comeback concert last Saturday. My team and I had a three camera set up: an overhead of the crowd and stage, one on stage toward the crowd, and another at Peter and the band. That was my first multi camera shoot and it went great- and more importantly the footage looks awesome. I’m working on the website and first teaser video now, and let me tell you: this plus my three classes- I’m definitely keeping myself busy.

Bad news is Lady Gaga got hurt and needs surgery so that concert won’t be happening. Good news is Matchbox Twenty is next weekend and I’ll get to go home to Connecticut for the weekend so I’m looking forward to that.

I hope you guys checked out the last COMlife episode! I ski down Commonwealth Avenue so that makes the entire episode worth watching. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtKXiahWp8

How is your second semester going? For the seniors, I hope the stress of college selection has calmed down a bit. And for the juniors- get ready for some fun times!

As always, let me know if you have any questions about anything!