Tiffany: COM Open House!

Congratulations to those who were recently accepted to apart of the COM Class of 2017! You have now been faced with the important decision of where you should attend college and spend the next four years. On Saturday, April 13th and 20th, COM is having our Open House events for our admitted students. Even if you’ve already visited BU before, coming to these Open House events could be a major game changer and help you decide whether BU is the school for you or not.

Four years ago when I was a senior in high school, I came to COM Open House having little knowledge about BU and COM and quite honestly, only came because my mother insisted. To me, the Open House event seemed like it was nothing more than a basic college visit. Little did I know at the time, I was very wrong.

On April 13th and 20th, you’ll not only be able to walk around our campus, you’ll also be given insight into so much more than that, specifically that is relevant to the college you’ve been admitted into. You’ll hear all about COM from the Dean himself, meet the department chairs who lead their respective programs, have lunch with my fellow COM Ambassadors and myself in one of our student dining halls, and have the opportunity to pick the brains of a panel of students regarding any questions that you might have.

I came into Open House four years ago with very little interest in COM because I didn’t really know what COM was all about. But when I was on my flight home back to California and reflecting on the weekend I had just spent at BU and in Boston, I knew that attending the Open House event was a good idea. It is because of Open House that I made my decision to attend college at BU. As I finish out my last semester here at BU four years later as a graduating senior, I’m sure glad I made the decision that I did.

Open House is a great opportunity to not just see the campus, but more importantly talk to students and professors about their experiences. Listening to these testimonies could really help you get insight into what its like to be a student at BU and COM and decide for yourself whether you could see yourself in those shoes.

COM Class of 2017, I hope to meet you at either of our Open House events this month and look forward to seeing you here on our campus soon!