Jason: Winding Down

One of my good friends Abbie (also a film major) just informed me she has 1 month left of college. Even though she’s graduating at the end of this semester, it got me thinking. I know it may seem early to start thinking about the end already but with a month left of this semester and then only one more to go it’s time to start thinking about the future! If anything I’ll use this post as a warm up to all the questions I’m going to get from family over the holidays.

Boston vs. NY vs. LA

Ideally I’d like to stay in Boston. In the last few months I’ve made lots of contacts around the city and been able to produce some pretty cool work in the process. I’ve worked on two PBS documentaries, produced a graduate thesis film and several promotional spots, and learned so much about communication field– all right here in Boston. Of course, NY has some pretty incredible opportunities as well. I actually applied for an internship at 60 Minutes for this summer so I do have one option there if it works out. LA is pretty much out of the question. I can find enough of the non-fiction/ promotional work that I’ve become interested in here on the east coast. Also, I need seasons and snow. LA just doesn’t have that.

TV vs. Film vs. ?

Here’s where the real question lies. And frankly I’m not sure of the answer yet, nor do I think it’s fair to limit myself to one specific are. Right now I’m learning more towards the ? (everything else) only because the promotional work I’ve been doing is where the majority of my professional work has come from. But documentary film and television work is still definitely in my radar.

What do you guys think?

Hopefully by the time I write my next post I’ll have my website up so you can check out some of my work!