Aidan: The Beauty of Dining Points

I am going to get this out there from the start: I love food. Food is love. My love affair with food dates back to the first time my mom fed me White Russian Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream instead of the usual mush that she provided, and my mind was blown. Since then, I have always prided myself in being able to find good foods, and finding good food for good prices.

One thing I didn’t know coming into my freshman year is that our dining plans all provide us with something called Dining Points. These points are essentially money you can use at certain locations around campus to buy food. The best part is, these places aren’t dining halls (Dining Halls here are great, but everyone gets to a point where they start saying “Do I have to?” when it comes to the topic of eating in them). So, here is my (evolving) guide of where you can use dining points around campus for each meal:

Breakfast: Einstein Bros. or Rhetts

You have an option for this one. Einstein Bros. is a bagel and coffee joint located in the basement of CAS. This one is convenient if you want to grab a bagel sandwich and iced coffee before you go to three discussions in a row in CAS (which happens all of the time). However, if you have more time on your hands, Rhetts is an old-fashioned diner-like restaurant located in the GSU that has a whole range of bagels and spreads.

Lunch: Extreme Pita

Where do I begin with my love for Extreme Pita? Its Subway, but for some reason you feel classier eating it, because it’s a Pita. MMMMM. Anyways, this gem of a Dining-Points-Accepting restaurant is located in West Campus, attached to the Claflin Hall dorm. Stop in and grab a Steak Bomb Pita (my fave) and a drink, all courtesy of your Dining Points

Mid-Class Snack: School of Management Starbucks

Here is an important thing to note: this is the ONLY Starbucks on campus that accepts Dining Points. The one on West Campus does not, neither does the one in Warren Towers. So, if you want your Pumpkin Spice Latte and don’t want to be paying out of pocket, hit up the Starbs on the second floor of SMG and enjoy a Latte paid for by Dining Points.

Dinner: Dominos

If humans were allowed to engage in marriages with foods, my nuptials would be with a Medium Dominos Pepperoni Pizza. The most beautiful discovery ever made on this campus is that Dominos accepts Dining Points. HOWEVER: You must order from one of the Dominos kiosks (located in the lobby of most BU Dorms) in order to use Dining Points. It doesn’t work with online delivery. But, play the game right, and Cheesy Bread will be yours for Dining Points.

So, there it is: How to eat a full day on dining points. This guide is ever evolving, as I venture through different parts of campus, and learn how to get around spending actual money on things I want.

If you want to know your dining points balance, click the “Current Balance – Meals and Points” option under the “Food and Shelter” tab on your BU Student Link.

Venture forth, young grasshoppers, and eat!